Sir Paul McCartney makes tragic admission as he says ‘I tend to agree’ | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV


Legendary musician  Sir Paul McCartney has revealed a poignant truth about his decades in the public eye. For around six decades, Sir Paul has captured hearts globally through his contributions to The Beatles, his solo work, and his tenure with Wings.

During a conversation with director Morgan Neville, the 83-year-old discussed his response to public criticism throughout his career.

Speaking in a new documentary about the artist titled Man On The Run, Sir Paul revealed how he internalised negative commentary.

He said: “Whenever I hear someone damning Paul McCartney, I tend to agree with them. So when everyone was saying I broke up the Beatles and I was just overbearing and all of that, I kind of bought into it.”

This marks another occasion where Sir Paul has shown vulnerability discussing the documentary, having previously admitted to feeling “emotional” seeing his late wife Linda McCartney featured in the programme, reports the Mirror.

Linda, who died in 1998, had four children with Sir Paul: Heather, 63, who was adopted, Mary, 56, Stella, 53, and James, 48.

During a screening of the documentary at London’s Ham Yard Hotel, Sir Paul explained the film evoked profound memories of Linda, who he credits with supporting him through the turbulent period following The Beatles’ dissolution.

He said: “Seeing me and Linda interacting is very special because, you know, she is not here anymore. Me and Linda, the kids. The music. Me and John [Lennon].”

Sir Paul added: “These memories, it is like a life flashing in front of you. There are so many cool things. Even though there are some embarrassing moments, I come out of it thinking, ‘Yeah, I’m OK’.

“All the stuff with the kids and Linda is lovely to see. Obviously it’s emotional because she looks so beautiful. She’s so cool.”

Sir Paul also has another daughter, 23-year-old Beatrice, with his second wife Heather Mills, to whom he was married between 2002 and 2008 when their divorce was finalised.

Sir Paul is currently married to Nancy Shevell, with the couple having tied the knot in 2011.

The documentary is scheduled for release on February 27 whilst filming continues on four separate biopics about each Beatles member, with Paul Mescal, 30, set to portray Sir Paul. The films will be helmed by Sir Sam Mendes.



Source link